Lung Cancer Treatment with Cesium-131 Brachytherapy Seeds
Cesium-131 is the Smartest Choice in Lung Brachytherapy
Adjuvant lung cancer brachytherapy can significantly increase local control following limited resection for NSCLC1. When selecting a brachytherapy isotope, consider that Cs-131 delivers 90% of its dose in 33 days — six times faster than I-125.
Have Confidence that Your Prescription Dose is Delivered as Planned.
Robotic ThoracicCancer Treatment Video presentation.
- Cesium-131 has delivered 90% of the intended dose 33 days post implant, compared to 32% of the I-125 dose.
- Cesium-131 has delivered 99.8% of the dose at 90 days, when bioabsorbable sutures/mesh have most likely dissolved, compared to 65% of dose delivered for I-125.
- Cesium-131 delivers uniform and symmetrical radiation penetration for a homogeneous lung implant.
- For the first 26 days after implant, the dose rate from Cs-131 is greater than from I-125.
- After 26 days, the dose rate from I-125 implant exceeds that of Cs-131.
- With Cs-131, radiation safety precautions can be discountinued much sooner than with I-125.